BCS MIGRATE While Active (BCS-MWA)
“Migration” DefinedThe term “migration”, as understood by most IBM i professionals, refers to the process of moving data and applications from one server to another, whether in the same data center or geographically displaced. Regardless of how the IBM i is used by your business, most every migration project has one common goal: to minimize user and application downtime, and successfully migrate production services from the old hardware over to the new.
How BCS Eliminates Migration Stress & Risk
By simplifying the process with the high-availability, replication software, Assure Quick-EDD/HA, BCS Group’s skilled professionals are available to assist with any System i Migration, optionally in tandem with an Operating System upgrade, reducing traditional downtime and overall associated costs.
Whether or not you currently have a Quick-EDD/HA implementation, BCS can provide licensing, software installation, and project management services to suit your needs. Migrate While Active projects typically last 30 days or less, depending on overall complexity and testing requirements.
- Migrate with greater ease and when it is convenient for you.
- Reduces risks by provision of Target System test sessions.
- Minimize the migration downtime.
- Eliminates object corruption associated with tape backups & restores.
- Assured success without stress: Users remain online and productive until the cutover event, so you don’t have to rush completion.
- BCS Group will conduct a migration planning session that will create a migration checklist that includes the migration schedules, roles, and responsibilities.
- BCS Group will install and configure the new system(s), begin replication from the old system to the new one, audit the environment, monitor the processes 24/7 to detect any errors and report our findings to you.
- BCS Group will migrate users to the new system(s) and remove the old system(s) from the configuration.