BCS REORG While Active
BCS REORG While Active (BCS-RWA)
BCS Group’s REORG While Active (BCS-RWA) allows you to reorganize IBM i files without locking records as they are being moved. Adding scheduling control and frequency ability as never before. Reorganize files while your users are active.
BCS-RWA is designed to remove the stress of managing your dynamic IBM i environment. It is one of the most comprehensive and practical software tools needed by System Administrators because of the growing demand for IBM i storage and performance control.
Unlike the IBM RGZPFM command, BCS-RWA provides more flexibility and control of managing your files.
Files that contain deleted records should be reorganized periodically. This frees up wasted space, but more importantly it makes database processing more efficient.
- Free up wasted space
- Reorgs can run almost anytime
- Reorg files in increments or schedule for convenience
- Throttle capability to process more records per second, or throttle back to process less records,
as your resources allow
- Stop and Restart the process real-time, or with scheduled jobs, or in your production processes
- Recover Deleted Spaces
- Manage access path maintenance
- And more……...